This calendar is a “heart” project powered by dedicated volunteers to support local organizing in Massachusetts. Click About to learn more.
Abortion has never been fully accessible. As relentless attacks on reproductive rights from Texas to Mississippi are ramping up, we are at the risk of losing our reproductive freedom completely!
The call to action is clear, and urgent.
Here is what you can do:
• RALLY ON OCT 2 in Acton: TOGETHER FOR ABORTION RIGHTS
• CONTACT SENATOR WARREN and SENATOR MARKEY
• TOGETHER FOR ABORTION RIGHTS
• Saturday, October 2 9:30 AM
• In front of Town Hall, Acton MA
• Masks and social distancing are required and will be enforced
• All ages welcome
• For information and special accommodations contact October2march@gmail.com
• RSVP Together for Abortion Rights *
• Speakers: MA State Representative Dr. Tami Gouveia
Vivian Birchall, candidate for MA State Representative
Himaja Nagireddy, Harvard graduate student in Public Health
CALL or EMAIL SENATOR WARREN and SENATOR MARKEY to pressure them to end the filibuster so the Senate can pass THE WOMEN’S HEALTH PROTECTION ACT.* https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/1645/text
“To protect a person’s ability to determine whether to continue or end a pregnancy, and to protect a health care provider’s ability to provide abortion services.”
• Senator Warren https://www.warren.senate.gov/contact/shareyouropinion or call (202) 224-4543
• Senator Markey https://www.markey.senate.gov/contact/share-your-opinion or call (202) 224-2742
(This bill passed the House by a vote of 218 -211 last week)
Donations to these organizations (which run on pure volunteer power) go right into the hands of people who need help accessing procedures.
• Eastern Massachusetts Abortion Fund https://emafund.org/
• Jane Fund of Central Massachusetts https://www.janefund.org/
• Abortion Rights Fund of Western Massachusetts https://www.arfwm.org/
All three work in solidarity to fund procedures in the state as well as many performed out of state when the funding gap is large which it often is
TEXAS has multiple funds but the link to donate to all of them is here:
From the Massachusetts Grassroots Information Center at News-MAGIC.org
The MAssachusetts Grassroots Information Center (News-MAGIC) calendar is proudly sponsored by ViV Web Solutions, a mission driven web design and development company located in the Boston area. To connect with ViV, visit their website: ViVwebsolutions.com.